Our Extensive Type A Contract, one of the best and most comprehensive in the CCRC industry guarantees that the apartment of your choice will be yours for life. If you cannot continue to live independently, you will receive nursing care in semiprivate accommodations at the same monthly rate as the apartment Monthly Fee. That, in itself, makes the Type A Contract more valuable than a long term nursing care insurance policy.
For those who want to enjoy all the services and amenities Cathedral Village has to offer but do not want the Life Care options, there is a No Entry Fee option available. Click here for more information
Monthly Fees at Cathedral Village cover many services not included by other communities. It is important to understand the value of those services and exactly how they benefit you.
Monthly Fees for Independent Living cover:
- Unlimited use of the Health Club, including
- Personal fitness programs designed specifically for you by our degreed Fitness Director.
- Use of the swimming pool for exercise and fun
- Water aerobics classes conducted by the Fitness Director
- Unlimited use of the Greenhouse, including
- Horticultural classes and seminars
- Potting soils and supplies.
- Use of the Art Studios
- A contemporary Painting Studio
- A separate Clay Studio
- Art and sculpting classes offered in both Studios by local professional artists.
- Use of the Library and all of its resources including the video lending library.
- Our flexible Dining Services program allows you to choose which meals you want, or opt out entirely if you desire to do your own cooking.
- An Outpatient Department staffed 24-hours a day/7 days a week with professional nurses who respond to emergency calls and provide routine care.(*)
- Prescription Medications up to a generous annual cap per person.
- Medical care provided by our Medical Director and other primary care physicians who are Certified in Gerontology and affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
- Primary care physicians are on-site Monday through Friday and always on call.
- Specialists on-site weekly for Audiology, Dentistry (for routine dental care), Podiatry, Psychiatry, Psychology, Optometry, and Optician services. (Additional costs may be incurred for some of these services.)
- Unlimited number of stays in Bishop White Lodge, our Skilled Nursing Facility in semi-private accommodations. (Private room accommodations incur a moderate additional charge.)
- On-site Physical, Occupational and Speech Rehabilitation therapy.
- Semi-private accommodations in our Alzheimer’s Unit ensuring residents that they will remain at Cathedral Village with family, friends and familiar staff members.
- All utilities including water, electricity, and an Extended Basic Cable package of over 90 channels. (Does not include payment of telephone service or additional premium cable channels or internet installation and service.)
- Security provided 24-hours/7 days a week by uniformed Security Department personnel who monitor grounds and walkways, respond to emergencies and provide all transportation services.
- Weekly light Housekeeping with delivery of bed and bath linen plus 24-hours/7 days a week emergency service.
- Maintenance Department services 24 hours/7 days a week for
- Routine maintenance services
- Emergency services with staff always on call
- Apartment renovations with your choice of carpet/paint colors
- Snow removal from walkways, driveways, and residents’ automobiles.
- Lawn care and grounds keeping.
- City Real Estate Taxes
All departments are managed and staffed by Cathedral Village employees. View the Services section to learn more about each department.
To compare Cathedral Village with other communities you may be considering, please contact the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Admissions Counselors and to receive a free copy of our Comparison Book.
(*) Please note that “24 hours/7 days a week” always includes weekends and holidays.
All services for residents in Independent Living are Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and are listed under Home Care in the Pennsylvania Home Care Registry.